Today there are 1 billion wireless charging devices in the world - by 2030, that number is expected to hit 30 billion. Wireless charging will do for power what WiFi did for connectivity: free us from cords and enable a truly mobile world.
Chargifi is the market-leading cloud management platform that enables mass deployment of wireless power. In the same way Meraki, Aruba, Ruckus, and Mist built billion-dollar enterprises around wireless communication, Chargifi is laying the groundwork for wireless charging.
Our platform - currently deployed in over 19 countries with some of the world's largest companies - helps our customers manage, monitor, and monetise wireless power and is backed by top investors including: Intel Capital, HPE Pathfinder, Accelerated Digital Ventures, Manta Ray, firstminute.capital, and Techstars.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our expanding Engineering team in Belfast. The role reports directly to the VP of Engineering and is based at our office in the historic Ormeau Baths in the heart of Belfast.
You can see our CEO & Founder Dan Bladen talk about the future of wireless power in discussion with our partner Aruba.
We are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us deliver foundational technology that transforms the way the world manages and monetises power.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will work alongside our growing team to create innovations and solutions that will help to shape a burgeoning industry. Working in an agile development environment with a distributed team you will help set the engineering architecture and direction of our products. You will use your experience to mentor and coach team members to help the whole team succeed together.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to
- Architect and build solutions to deliver new innovative products for web, IoT and mobile applications using the Chargifi RESTful APIs running in AWS.
- Drive the evolution of our APIs to solve customer problems in an API First Architecture.
- Be a technical leader who can drive and challenge our technical direction.
- Promote a culture of best practice in software development.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise efficiency across the team. Design and develop code with performance, usability, maintainability and security in mind.
- Create and maintain internal technical documentation for deliverables.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrable experience of architecting and building complex consumer web applications that promote user engagement and simplicity of experience.
- Experience of large-scale, distributed systems and service-oriented architectures.
- You must be a quick learner and be flexible about what technologies you use. We are currently using:
○ Backend: PHP 7.4 / Symfony 5.1, REST, Lambda (Node.JS)
○ Database: MySQL (Aurora DB) , Redis (Elasticache)
○ Development tools: Jira, Jenkins, Gitlab, Automated Testing
○ Cloud: AWS (20+ services), Docker
○ Mobile: Android (Kotlin, Java) and iOS (Swift)
- You must be comfortable with rapid development in a Scrum / Agile environment and iterating based on market and customer feedback.
- Excellent collaborator and communicator within your team and the wider company.
- BSc in a related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other software/design discipline.
Nice to have
- Experience building Android apps using Java or Kotlin.
- Experience building iOS apps using Swift.
- Experience of AWS Services (SNS, Kinesis, Lamba, EC2, S3, Aurora DB, CloudFormation, CloudFront, CodeDeploy, ALB, API gateway etc)
- Containerisation and NoSQL experience
- Previous experience of leading and mentoring a team, or interest in growing into such a role.
What we offer you
- The chance to experience an early-stage startup as it begins to scale
- Pioneering work with a brand new technologies
- Join a passionate and fun team that is quickly expanding
- Regular company socials
- 5 weeks vacation per annum, flexible work/life balance
- Additional Benefits: Stock Options, Company Pension, Cycle2work Scheme
Please send me your CV, including contact details (phone number and email) and I will get back to you ASAP.