Are you a Full Stack Developer looking for a new challenge? We're looking for the next member of our team to help us build custom software solutions that challenge convention and deliver great results for our clients.
At GCD, we love what we do – imagining, designing and building custom software solutions that defy expectations and deliver results for our clients.
Behind our software solutions is a team of dedicated, ambitious engineers, thinkers and inventors.
Our team is close-knit. We take responsibility, make decisions quickly and encourage product ownership. Challenging convention is what we do best.
When we’re not working you can usually find us gaming, enjoying a decent cup of coffee and discussing all things software related.
As a Full Stack Developer, you’ll be looking after a custom software project from conception to final product using the very best patterns in front-end and back-end engineering.
- Work within the team to create, develop and build robust, resilient custom software solutions from concept to completion.
- Creating servers and databases optimised for particular functionality.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimisation and responsiveness of applications.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Unit testing logic layers.
- With a customer-centric approach, research, consider and implement new technologies that help improve how we deliver custom solutions.
- Proactively contribute to a team culture that values challenges convention, promotes robustness and delivers more.
- Mentor junior staff and work with peers to foster our culture; challenging and encouraging for the benefit of all.
- Working alongside graphic designers to realise complex interfaces.
- Excellent academic qualifications and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Experience of working within an agile environment.
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS.
- Proficiency with server side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, Node.JS, PHP or .Net.
- Familiarity with database technologies such as MySQL and Elastic search.
- Excellent verbal communication and problem solving skills.
In return, we will offer you:
- A great salary plus bonus
- Generous annual leave (with Christmas week off)
- Private medical cover
- A company pension
- Flexible working
- Your choice of working equipment
- Personal development and training plans
- A free and limitless supply of tea, really good pod coffee and fresh fruit
- Ice cream every Friday
- Regular social events – gaming nights, family BBQs, paintballing…
- An annual weekend trip away
Click the apply button below