Global Payments Integrated helps businesses succeed by delivering secure and personalized payment solutions, allowing developers of business management solutions to accept payments through their systems and add value to their software.
While many processors offer payments tied to antiquated platforms designed to support stand-alone systems, our Global Payments Integrated platform provides custom, scalable, and fast payment solution integration – accommodating the swiftly-shifting ways consumers pay for goods and services.
With this visionary payment processing platform, Global Payments Integrated helps business management software companies grow their business through our embedded commerce services, bolster customer loyalty with unique payment solutions, and improve profitability.
Your New Position
You, as a Principal Software Engineer are responsible for the design and development of our Payment Processing Gateway and other server-side products. You will develop utilising state-of-the-art software development techniques, including Behavioural Driven Development and Continuous Delivery.
You will be responsible for working in a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many. Our working environment empowers software engineers and lets them focus on the technical challenges of solving problems, rather than dealing with bureaucracy or inefficient processes. As Principal Software Engineer you will be recognised as a strong technical expert and leader.
What you’ll be doing:
- Understanding merchant and partner needs, problems, and expectations and take action to address expectations through high quality, innovative solutions that deliver value to our customers
- Inspiring your team as a technical leader – training, mentoring and motivating team members by setting an example as to how software development projects can be successfully executed
- Improving the software development process, methodologies and tools through applied experience, automation and simplification – delivering better software, faster and cheaper!
- Collaborating with team members to ensure that deliverables are technically accurate and useful in a timely manner – we build quality into all stages of the software lifecycle, with a focus on end-user observable (and testable) system behaviours
- Identifying critical activities & tasks on projects, helping with estimation and planning, ensuring timely and accurate communication of status, resolving issues, and contributing beyond assigned tasks - adjusting priorities when appropriate
- Assisting with software deployment activities to internal test environments and our production data center – the team are responsible from Requirements Analysis through to Release!
- Being proactive, self-motivated, attentive to detail, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Being a team player and role model, exhibiting a professional attitude, building work relationships, demonstrating flexibility and supporting workplace ethics.
What we need from you:
- BSc or MSc or equivalent in Computer Science or related field or commercial experience of developing in C#, Java or any other OO programming language
- Experience in server product development
- An understanding of database design and development
- Experience with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design and related areas
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM, or Lean Kanban environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Experience of leading a team
- Eligibility to work in the UK on a permanent and full-time basis
- Experience in Web Services.
What like you to have (but we don't need):
- Experience in asynchronous messaging systems.
- Experience of Windows development on .Net.
Click the apply link below