Global Payments Integrated helps businesses succeed by delivering secure and personalized payment solutions, allowing developers of business management solutions to accept payments through their systems and add value to their software. While many processors offer payments tied to antiquated platforms designed to support stand-alone systems, the Global Payments Integrated platform provides custom, scalable, and fast payment solution integration – accommodating the swiftly-shifting ways consumers pay for goods and services. With this visionary payment processing platform, Global Payments Integrated helps business management software companies grow their business through our embedded commerce services, bolster customer loyalty with unique payment solutions, and improve profitability.
Your new position:
You, as a Senior Software Engineer, are responsible for the design and development of our Payment Processing Gateway and other server-side products primarily on C# on the .Net platform.
You'll utilise state-of-the-art software development techniques, including Behavioural Driven Development and Continuous Delivery. You, and your team, will be focused on employing a variety of transport and wire protocols to help our payment partners integrate to our APIs. You'll work across a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many.
What you'll be doing:
- Understanding customer needs, problems, and expectations and take action to meet customers’ needs
- Using and apply C#, database technologies and web technologies to build server-side products
- Developing new ways to simplify or in other ways to improve the method in which a task is done
- Identifying problems, issues, collect and integrate information from a variety of sources to establish a course of action and communicate the issue and solutions clearly and concisely
- Collaborating with team members to ensure that deliverables are technically accurate and useful in a timely manner
- Identifying critical activities & tasks on projects, contribute beyond assigned tasks; adjusts priorities when appropriate
- Converting concepts and plans into work procedures and carry out group plans efficiently and according to plan
- Working with other departments to acquire/disseminate information in a timely manner.
- Analysing problems from a practical point of view and evaluate ideas and suggestions so that the team can make balanced decisions
- Contributing to project success by providing ideas, strategies, improving communication among team members and executing decisions.
- Assisting in project management activities: Estimation, Scheduling, Planning, Tracking progress
- Assisting with software deployment activities to our production data center
- Assisting with training, motivating, mentoring and serve as mentor to others on the team.
- Assisting with hiring (Interviewing, Phone Screens).
What we ask for:
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field or commercial experience of developing in C#, Java or any other OO programming language
- 2+ years' post-graduate experience
- Experience in server product development
- Experience with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design and related areas
- An understanding of database design and development
- Expected to be self-starters who can operate well under a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, attentive to detail, and able to work well under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Good problem-solving and excellent communication skills are a must, along with the items described in the lists below
- Eligibility to work in the UK on a full time and permanent basis.
What we'd like you to have (but don't need immediately):
We are committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law.