Global Payments Integrated helps businesses succeed by delivering secure and personalized payment solutions, allowing developers of business management solutions to accept payments through their systems and add value to their software.
While many processors offer payments tied to antiquated platforms designed to support stand-alone systems, our Global Payments Integrated platform provides custom, scalable, and fast payment solution integration – accommodating the swiftly-shifting ways consumers pay for goods and services.
With this visionary payment processing platform, Global Payments Integrated helps business management software companies grow their business through our embedded commerce services, bolster customer loyalty with unique payment solutions, and improve profitability.
Your new position
You, as a C/C++ Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of our software components that are deployed to our countertop and handheld Payment Capture terminals (Genius). The Genius products are highly secure devices capable of handling contact and contactless smart cards, Android Pay, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay etc., as well as providing value added services for both the Merchant and paying customers. Working within a team, you will develop primarily on C++ and C, and will be responsible for utilizing a variety of web protocols to integrate capabilities to our payment partner’s Point of Sale systems (PoS), providing web services to PoS, and consuming web services from our Payment Gateway.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will also help mentor and develop more junior members of the team in all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle, instilling best practices and a commitment to quality in all deliverables.
What you will be doing
- Designing and developing applications to leverage traditional card and evolving mobile payment technologies, including Smart Card (“Chip and PIN”), Contactless Cards, Android Pay, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay etc.
- Using C++ and C programming languages to deliver high quality, easily maintainable production code
- Developing secure software, using hardware acceleration and trusted computing modules to securely capture, store and transmit sensitive payment data
- Implementing secure end-to-end transactions, featuring synchronous and asynchronous cryptographic algorithms and digital signatures
- Using SOAP and JSON based web technologies as both client and server within the payment ecosystem
- Participating in the entire software development lifecycle, from requirements analysis through software and test design, implementation and unit testing, to verification and release.
- Applying software design principles, including coupling/cohesion, decomposition/modularity, encapsulation/information hiding, and separation of interface and implementation, and teach these practices to more junior members of the team.
- As part of a customer-focused team, seeking understanding of and value in our customer’s requirements, and actively shaping the product from an engineering standpoint
- Participating in team workshops to generate ideas and high-quality technical solutions – picking the right solution whilst balancing idealism and pragmatism
- Assisting with troubleshooting and repairing defects
- Simplifying and improving existing technical methodologies
- Adhering to and applying overarching internal practices and policies with respect to coding standards, unit testing, lean development, and status reports
- Assisting in project management activities: Estimation, Scheduling, Planning, Tracking progress
- Assisting with training and mentoring of others on the team.
- Assisting with hiring (Interviewing, Phone Screens).
What we ask for
- BSc or MSc or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in Linux development environment
- Extensive working experience in C++ or C (and ability to learn C++ if only C background)
- Experience of at least one of XML, JSON, HTML
- Experience with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design and related areas
- Expected to be self-starters who can operate well under a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many.
- Passion for and self-motivated interest in Software Development as a profession, not just a job
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication and organizational skills
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, attentive to detail, and able to work well under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Team player with a desire to learn and a willingness to teach and mentor as part of a team
- Able to take ownership of, and responsibility for, assigned work
- Eligibility to work in the UK on a full time and permanent basis.
What we’d love you to have
- Experience in a senior role on software development teams
- Working experience in C++ or C with Embedded Linux
- Database design and development
- Web client and server programming skills.
What’s in it for you
- Attractive Salary
- Flexible working with the option to work from home
- Free car parking at the office
- 35 days holiday + option to buy extra days per year
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Income protection
- Life Insurance
- Group Personal Pension Plan (matched up to 5%)
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Office lunches
- Summer/Christmas Parties + social events throughout the year.
Equality of Opportunity
Global Payments is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, political opinion, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law.