Global Payments Integrated helps businesses succeed by delivering secure and personalized payment solutions, allowing developers of business management solutions to accept payments through their systems and add value to their software. While many processors offer payments tied to antiquated platforms designed to support stand-alone systems, the Global Payments Integrated platform provides custom, scalable, and fast payment solution integration – accommodating the swiftly-shifting ways consumers pay for goods and services. With this visionary payment processing platform, Global Payments Integrated helps business management software companies grow their business through our embedded commerce services, bolster customer loyalty with unique payments solutions, and improve profitability.
The Software Engineer is responsible for the design and development of our Payment Processing Gateway and other server-side products. As a Software Engineer you will develop primarily on C# on the .Net platform and are responsible for utilizing a variety of transport and wire protocols to integrate capabilities to our payment partner’s systems.
- Design and develop server-side products in an Enterprise environment using C#, database technologies and web technologies
- Accomplish performance optimization in a product environment
- Complete technical tasks related to feature development and bug fixes
- Use transport and application protocols to integrate capabilities within the underlying technical environment and across payment partner systems
- Demonstrate functional comprehension of software design principles, including coupling/cohesion, decomposition/modularity, encapsulation/information hiding, and separation of interface and implementation
- Efficiently generate ideas and high-quality technical solutions, including detailed analysis of idea impact assessment and ultimate selection of the most appropriate solution
- Contribute to the development of useful, technically accurate deliverables generated in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and fix defects
- Assist with software deployment activities to our production data centre
- Make process and procedural suggestions and remove obstacles
- Simplify and improve existing technical methodologies
- Adhere to and apply overarching internal practices and policies with respect to coding standards, unit testing, and status reports.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in server product development
- Working experience in C# or Java
- Experience with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design and related areas
- Passion for and self-motivated interest in Software Development as a profession, not just a job
- Understanding of database design and programming
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, attentive to detail, and able to work well under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Eligibility to work in the UK on a full time and permanent basis.
What’s in it for you
- Attractive Salary
- Flexible working with the option to work from home
- Free car parking at the office
- 35 days holiday + option to buy extra days per year
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Income protection
- Life Insurance
- Group Personal Pension Plan (matched up to 5%)
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Office lunches
- Summer/Christmas Parties + social events throughout the year.
Equality of Opportunity
Global Payments is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, political opinion, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law.