Liberty IT employs over 500 people who develop a wide range of specialist and enterprise scale applications for our parent company, Liberty Mutual. Across our two offices in Belfast and Dublin our teams live and breathe innovation, creativity and commitment to excellence - designing and implementing innovative solutions using both existing and emerging technologies. Combine that with our commitment to providing a great place to work for employees and you have the perfect place to start or grow your career.
Intern Software Engineer
As an Intern Software Engineer you will work as part of an agile team to rapidly and effectively deliver great software that adds real value to our customers. You will be challenged. You will get the opportunity to work with and learn from our best Software Engineers. You will have the chance to be creative and have your voice heard. We will offer you a competitive salary and support you through mentoring, coaching and training programs.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver real value by working as part of an agile team to solve real business problems.
- Communicate and collaborate with your team and customers to have exposure to the entire software development lifecycle.
- Be supported in delivering high quality, tested and secure code following the processes and standards within the team.
- Use a range of architectures, tools and frameworks, and have the opportunity to experiment and learn new technologies.
- Have the opportunity to suggest and implement new ideas and innovations.
- Have the opportunity to collaborate with and learn from developers across our organization through internal networks, events and communities of practice.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be just as good at working with people as technology. Someone who makes a team better by being part of it.
- Listen and empathize with our customers to provide them with the solutions they really need.
- Understand the importance and principles of writing clean, quality code.
- Be proactive about continuous improvement and innovation. Someone who doesn’t just dream it but gets it done.
- Show a desire to learn from others, knowing when to ask for help.
- Be willing to share their own experiences and expertise.
- Be interested in technology and actively keep their skills up to date.
- Currently studying a degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or an IT related discipline at either Queen's University Belfast or Ulster University.
- Evidence of good first year grades.
- A proven ability to deliver working code.
- Availability for placement from June 2019-July/August 2020
Click the Apply button below