As a Principal Software Engineer you will work as a technical lead in an agile team to rapidly and effectively deliver great software that adds real value to our customers. You will be challenged. You will have the chance to be creative and have your voice heard. We will offer you a competitive salary, enable you to balance your work and life, and support you through mentoring, coaching and training programs.
In this role, you will:
- Have a strong understanding of how the products you work on fit into the larger business market and organization, and use that to the set the direction of the project.
- Work with customers to analyze their business problems, drive out requirements and deliver solutions that meet a real business need.
- Work as a technical lead across the whole software development lifecycle, making decisions on technologies, and architecting and designing complex systems.
- Direct, set and constantly review the processes and standards of the team to ensure the delivery of high quality, tested, well performing and secure code by the team.
- Coach, mentor and provide feedback to team.
- Take responsibility for the technical capabilities of the team, ensuring the whole team is continuously improving and learning together to meet current and future product needs.
- Continuously develop your skills and knowledge.
- Share knowledge and expertise across your department, the wider organization or beyond through networks, events and communities of practice.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be just as good at working with people as technology. Someone who makes a team better by being part of it, and demonstrates and teaches others to do the same.
- Provide feedback in a timely, effective and actionable format that allows individual team members to improve.
- Build great customer relationships by listening and empathizing with our customers and using creative thinking practices and processes to provide them with the solutions they really need.
- Champion the importance and principles of writing clean, quality, high performing and secure code within their team and the department.
- Be proactive about continuous improvement and innovation, and encourage your team to do the same. Someone who doesn’t just dream it but gets it done.
- Have excellent communication skills that allow them to share experiences and expertise in an impactful way using the right method of communication and the right level for the audience.
- Be passionate about technology and actively look for ways to increase their technical knowledge.
- A history of learning new programming languages and creating complex solutions using the same.
- A third level degree in an Information Technology or Computer Science related field.
- A minimum of three years’ postgraduate relevant software development experience in a commercial environment providing technical leadership on complex / challenging technical projects
- Cloud Engineering experience working with public cloud tools and technologies (eg AWS or Azure)
Click the apply button below