Liberty IT employs over 500 people who develop a wide range of specialist and enterprise scale applications and provide technical support across the global enterprise for our parent company, Liberty Mutual. Across our two offices in Belfast and Dublin our teams live and breathe innovation, creativity and commitment to excellence - designing and implementing innovative solutions using both existing and emerging technologies. Combine that with our commitment to providing a great place to work for employees and you have the perfect place to start or grow your career.
Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer you will work as a lead in an agile team to rapidly and effectively deliver great software that adds real value to our customers. You will be challenged. You will have the chance to be creative and have your voice heard. We will offer you a competitive salary, enable you to balance your work and life, and support you through mentoring, coaching and training programs.
In this role, you will:
- Take a customer-centric approach to deliver real value and solve complex business problems working as a lead in an agile team.
- Work as a technical lead across the whole software development lifecycle.
- Work with customers to analyze their business problems, identify their needs and have input into the solutions that meet this need.
- Have input into overall architectural and technical decisions and create complex software designs from requirements.
- Own the oversight of processes and standards to ensure the delivery of high quality, tested, well performing and secure code by the team.
- Coach, mentor and provide feedback to the team.
- Use a range of architectures, tools and frameworks, and have the opportunity to experiment and learn new technologies.
- Lead and support team in implementing continuous improvement opportunities across all aspects of the product.
- Continuously develop your skills and knowledge.
- Actively seek opportunities for you and your team to collaborate with and learn from Engineers across our organization through internal networks, events and communities of practice.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be just as good at working with people as technology. Someone who makes a team better by being part of it, and has experience of positively leading and mentoring others.
- Build great customer relationships by listening and empathizing with our customers to provide them with the solutions they really need.
- Have a deep understanding of the importance and principles of writing clean, quality, high performing and secure code and champion it within their team and the department.
- Be proactive about continuous improvement and innovation, and encourage your team to do the same. Someone who doesn’t just dream it but gets it done.
- Share their own experiences and expertise using the right method of communication and the right level for the audience.
- Be interested in technology and actively look for ways to increase their technical knowledge.
- Have an interest or experience in Serverless engineering.
- Be interested in Product and have a product mindset.
- A third level degree in an Information Technology or Computer Science related field.
- A minimum of three years’ relevant postgraduate software development experience in a commercial environment.
- A proven ability to deliver high quality, working code to solve complex business requirements.