Liberty IT employs over 500 people who develop a wide range of specialist and enterprise scale applications and provide technical support across the global enterprise for our parent company, Liberty Mutual. Across our two offices in Belfast and Dublin our teams live and breathe innovation, creativity and commitment to excellence - designing and implementing innovative solutions using both existing and emerging technologies. Combine that with our commitment to providing a great place to work for employees and you have the perfect place to start or grow your career.
As a Software Engineer you will work as part of an agile team to rapidly and effectively deliver great software that adds real value to our customers. You will be challenged. You will have the chance to be creative and have your voice heard. We will offer you a competitive salary, enable you to balance your work and life, and support you through mentoring, coaching and training programs.
In this role, you will:
- Take a customer-centric approach to deliver real value and solve complex business problems working as part of an agile team.
- Communicate and collaborate with your team and customers to have exposure and participation in the entire software development lifecycle.
- Deliver high quality, tested and secure code following the processes and standards within the team.
- Continuously develop your skills and knowledge.
- Use a range of architectures, tools and frameworks, and have the opportunity to experiment and learn new technologies.
- Identify areas for improvement across all aspects of the product and suggest and implement new ideas and innovations to make these improvements.
- Actively seek opportunities to collaborate with and learn from Engineers across our organization through internal networks, events and communities of practice.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be just as good at working with people as technology. Someone who makes a team better by being part of it.
- Listen and empathize with our customers to provide them with the solutions they really need.
- Understand the importance and principles of writing clean, quality code.
- Be proactive about continuous improvement and innovation. Someone who doesn’t just dream it but gets it done.
- Be enthusiastic about learning from others and will share their own experiences and expertise.
- Be interested in technology and actively look for ways to increase their technical knowledge.
- Have a strong interest in Product and a product mindset.
- A third level qualification in an Information Technology or Computer Science related field.
- A minimum of one year software development experience in a commercial environment.
- Solid knowledge and experience working with technologies related to the role.