Hi, I’m , Sr. Manager of Engineering at Puppet,
I’m looking for a Senior or Principal Software Engineer to join our team to help build out new Products. As an engineer at Puppet, you are responsible for designing, developing, implementing, testing, maintaining, and supporting our software products and solutions. We’re looking for someone focused on designing software that is scalable, durable, and performs well in production. On our team, you will be given a high degree of ownership and responsibility for the overall quality and operation of every piece of software shipped.
Meaningful work you’ll contribute:
- Work in close cooperation with others in the organization (e.g. Product Managers,
- UX Team, etc.) to define how we build products for our customers and ship software to production that realizes the actual product vision.
- Deliver customer value by independently designing multiple features, tests, and large parts of a single product within a team.
- Engage with stakeholders (PMs, CS etc) that represent the customer to help define the product features and constraints.
- Regularly communicates individual status and state of commitments to the broader program and communicates and actively works to clear blockers for the team.
- Own and be accountable for the quality and customer experience for multiple interoperating features as part of a larger product.
- Influence the direction, work, and commitments of more junior engineers on the team.
- The customer’s champion. We serve our customers by managing their expectations and delivering what we promise.
- Scrappy and self-directed. You are skilled at autonomously driving projects in a startup environment with minimal guidance and limited resources while having a ton of freedom and creativity to continue moving forward. You roll up your sleeves and drive execution and results.
- An entrepreneurial-minded spirit—you’re an action-oriented problem solver with a proactive mindset. You’re passionate with a love for solving user problems with software.
- A team player—who is collaborative and enjoys learning from and sharing knowledge with other developers in a team environment.
- Curious—You’re driven to learn and understand.
Valuable experiences and skills you’ll bring to Puppet
- ~5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience with the following technologies: Golang, Linux, cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure), infrastructure automation (terraform, CloudFormation), Kubernetes.
- Operating a SaaS product at scale.
- Supporting enterprise customers as part of an on-call rotation.
- Contributing to the whole product development lifecycle on a cross-functional team.
Bonus, but not required (shout about it in your application if you have experience):
- Working with remote teams.
- Engineering leadership or a desire to grow into a leadership position and mentoring more junior team members.
Puppet is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact +1-877-575-9775 for assistance.