ABOUT THE ROLE:
Fixed-term, One Year Duration.
We are seeking an early-stage career Geographic Information Systems technician, who brings experience in fast moving consultancy practices and who has a talent for presenting information in innovative ways. The primary duties of this position will include geospatial data management, map production, spatial analyses, and data visualisation using ArcGIS, and other geospatial or modelling software. Additional duties will also include database management support and data analytics.
In this role, you’ll analyse patterns and better understand relationships and the implications of the cycling experience. The information will be used to help cities design better infrastructure for cyclists and improve roads and cities for everyone.
The role will work closely with our clients across government and private industry, as well as our multi-disciplinary team in smart cities consultancy, technology, design, marketing and data science.
The role offers the opportunity to work on appealing and challenging projects in a growing and innovative business, as well as active involvement in the continued growth, expansion and professionalization of our organization.
KEY ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
• The representation, acquisition, management, manipulation and analysis of spatial and remote sensor data for clients
• Produce compelling data visualisations using tools such as Carto, Tableau and ArcGIS Online
• Design of web-based analytics dashboards and story maps
• Geospatial data management, analysis, modelling, map production
• To maintain awareness of and develop GIS technologies and techniques relevant to See.Sense
• Attend smart cities conferences and events, representing See.Sense at trade stand or by giving presentations
• Undergraduate degree in Environmental discipline, Geographic Information Systems or related field (e.g. Computer Science, Data Analytics)
• Demonstrable technical experience of web based GIS services and applications using ESRI ArcGIS Server and/QGIS, or Tableau or Carto
• Specific knowledge of database management systems Oracle and / or SQL Server for managing spatial data
• Good level of awareness and technical understanding of all common GIS data formats
• Project management - must be organised and adept at multitasking, managing client expectations, working towards deadlines and keeping on top of budgets
• Good consulting skills - with the ability to demonstrate understanding of client needs.
• Experience delivering presentations, and comfortable explaining complicated concepts and figures to diverse groups
• Experience using Microsoft Office or G Suite
• Confident working autonomously also in small teams in close collaboration
• Sound communication skills - both verbal and written
• Ability to undertake occasional travel - both domestic and international
• Experience in a GIS role
• Postgraduate degree in Geographic Information Systems or Data Analytics
• Development experience with ArcObjects, VB.Net, java, python or java script Experience using online infographic packages.
• Knowledge and experience of the government sector would be an advantage
• Data analysis / data science skills
We offer a competitive package including, discretionary annual bonus, and access to a cycle to work scheme.
At the completion of the Fixed-Term contract, there is a possibility of a permanent full-time role becoming available.
We’re based in Newtownards, Northern Ireland, though we will consider applications from UK applicants who are prepared to work from home, while meeting the role requirements for travel as required.
Click the apply button and send us your CV and a cover letter