Axial3D are recruiting for a machine learning engineer to contribute to the development of our computer vision algorithms. We have a strong focus on new product development and apply agile methods to translate cutting edge research into tangible products. Axial3D provide 3D printing software and services to the healthcare industry. Your work in machine learning will help produce bespoke 3D models that help surgeons plan operations more effectively.
We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer to come on to accelerate the development of our automated software, making medical 3D printing available to clinicians globally. The ideal candidate will have several years of demonstrable experience in the delivery of machine learning-based product development.
Your tasks are likely to include:
- Using deep learning, machine learning to develop image processing algorithms
- Managing complex data and communicating potential solutions to a wide audience
- Developing scalable processes for model development, benchmarking and validation through to implementation and production deployment
- Being creative and apply critical thinking to design algorithms that address a business challenge
- Deploying Linux/serverless based software solutions to the cloud (AWS)
The following skills are likely to help you do well in the role:
- A degree and possibly a PhD in one applied mathematics, applied physics, computer science or biomedical engineering or equivalent industrial research experience
- Experience in implementation with Python (solid knowledge of common frameworks is required e.g. NumPy, SciPy, Pandas)
- Machine Learning/Deep Learning tools (scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, Theano)
- Image processing/computer vision tools (scikit-image, OpenCV, ImageJ)
You will join a small but growing team of software engineers and researchers who are developing a web based platform to take medical images and process them for 3D printing. Your team are from a range of different backgrounds and you will work closely with our manufacturing engineers as well as business development to refine the product.
axial3D are a diverse group of people committed to making a real impact in people’s lives. They build products for everyone and do not discriminate on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability or race.
Click the apply button and send a copy of your CV.