The Merchant Risk Analytics team is fast-paced, high-energy, and diligent in identifying emerging fraud patterns and preventing fraud loss before it happens. We conduct stringent analysis of complex data sets, and set up multiple layers of business rules, models, and other processes to fight e-commerce fraud. We are a highly cross-functional team and regularly engage with other members of Customer Success, Risk Operations and Engineering to mitigate and eliminate fraud and meet merchant service-level objectives.
We’re looking for a fraud data analyst to join our fast-paced start-up and hit the ground running. This person will work alongside a team of analysts to investigate and identify solutions to prevent and mitigate fraud. This person will be responsible for proactively identifying fraud patterns and minimizing our customers’ exposure to financial risk.
About You: You are quantitatively driven, detail oriented, and operations-savvy while ensuring the best possible customer experience. You possess a high level of subject matter expertise and are experienced in utilizing information generated from fraud patterns, data analytics and business knowledge to identify insights and formulate a response plan. You want to help merchants feel a deep sense of security, knowing Signifyd has them covered, so they can focus on growing their business.
- Manage merchant risk portfolios from end to end, understanding merchant needs for positive customer experience, quick decisioning, and fraud prevention
- Develop in-depth analyses and build automated and scalable reporting tools (dashboards, reporting packs, etc.) to regularly assess the performance of the business, tell the story behind the numbers, and provide actionable insights to leadership
- Coordinate with Customer Success and Risk Operations to resolve customer-related fraud issues and provide the best possible customer experience in a timely manner
- Analyze effectiveness of existing fraud strategies and oversee the design, development, and management of new real-time fraud rules and mitigation efforts
- Communicate and report overall status, primary metrics, fraud issues, proposed solutions and plan timelines to senior management
Essential Experience & Skills:
- B.S. ; M.S. preferred
- Fluent in SQL with experience querying large data sets; a plus if some knowledge of Python or R
- 2+ years of relevant experience, working in fraud in a payments or e-commerce space preferred
- Ability to operate and execute projects independently minimal oversight
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- Positive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
You’ll receive a benefits package that is one of the most competitive in Belfast:
- A competitive base salary
- An equally competitive equity package
- Bi-annual performance related bonus (up to 10% performance related)
- Pension matched up to 8%
- ‘Day one’ access to private Healthcare, Dental and Optical insurance scheme for you and your whole family
- 25 days of annual leave (plus 10 stat)
- Working from home and flexible working options
- 12 weeks full-pay parental leave for mums and dads!
- Free lunch every day that you’re in the office plus free snacks and drinks
- A LinkedIn Learning account
- Top of the range equipment and lots of Signifyd swag
- Monthly Signifyd social events organised buy our social committee
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.
Please apply by clicking the link and either submitting your CV!