The Senior Software Engineer (SSE) role is a key software development resource in the Signifyd feature team (typically 4 engineers). Each SSE is tasked with coding innovative internet scale solutions to further enhance the capabilities of the Signifyd platform. The role is perfect for Developers who wish to maximise hands-on coding opportunities in their day-to-day work and not be constrained as a result by how these skills are recognised and rewarded.
Our main tech stack includes: Java, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Redshift, Dynamo, MySQL, Apache Spark, Play! framework, gRPC, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Under take the design and development of significantly complex software development tasks
- Deliver complex technical tasks as part of the sprint deliverables and contribute to scoping and tracking in Jira, coding in Java, and updating in stand-ups.
- Mentor and coach more junior members of the scrum team
- Enforce Signifyd quality standards on code reviews, provide feedback that raises the quality of the resulting code, and mentor peers through the review.
- Contribute to the Signifyd engineering culture and ensure that any inefficiencies and wasteful processes are highlighted and addressed
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner, or notify team if you are blocked and will not be able to complete expected tasks without help.
- Act as team lead for the sprint when necessary. At these times the Senior Software Engineer will assume temporary responsibility for proactively engaging with cross functional stakeholders alongside
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant software development experience
- Excellent programming and design skills in Java or similar OOP language
- Experience with scripting languages and SQL
- Highly developed problem-solving skills
- Developing internet scale 24/7 SaaS products
- Experience building large-scale high-performance systems
- Startup experience
- Machine learning or related knowledge
You’ll receive a benefits package that is one of the most competitive in Belfast;
- A competitive base salary
- An equally competitive equity package
- Bi-annual performance related bonus (10% performance related)
- Pension matched up to 8%
- ‘Day one’ access to private Healthcare, Dental and Optical insurance scheme for you and your whole family
- 25 days of annual leave (plus 10 stat)
- 2 days WFH per week and our core hours are 10 - 4
- 12 weeks full-pay parental leave for mums and dads!
- Free lunch every day that you’re in the office plus free snacks and drinks
- Subsidised public transport and car parking
- A LinkedIn Learning account
- Top of the range equipment and lots of Signifyd swag
- Monthly Signifyd social events organised buy our social committee
Please apply by clicking the link and either submitting your CV or your LinkedIN profile!