Signifyd leads the world in bringing the insights, innovation and compassion required to foster fearless commerce in a time of increasing digital threats. Working with some of the industry’s most recognizable retailers and brands, we are focused on using technology to enhance customer lifetime value and protect enterprises from fraud so they can focus on growing their business.
We process more than $100 billion in ecommerce transactions annually through our Commerce Network of more than 10,000 merchants selling in more than 100 countries. We focus every day on harnessing machine learning and artificial intelligence in more powerful ways to maximize our customers’ revenue and their security. None of that happens without the right people.
Our team’s strength is in its diversity and its acceptance of new ideas and new ways to look at old challenges. We are dedicated disruptors designing a new world of commerce at scale. We know humans are not one-dimensional and we celebrate the uniqueness each individual brings to the problems we solve and the culture we create.
About the role:
This is a brand new role to our Belfast R&D office due to continued success and growth of our teams in the EMEA region. Marketing Web Developers at Signifyd are an important part of the Design Team. You will be joining a small and growing group of Web Developers and Designers who really enjoy working together. Our Web Developers take the dreams of Designers and use them to carve and paint pixels into place to make those visions real. We are an egalitarian, can-do, collaborative team that value respect and empathy.
Some of your main duties will be:
- Managing a high-performance, optimised, and responsive WordPress website creating custom themes, templates, and features as well as enhancing existing customizations.
- Collaborating with the web, design and UX teams to formulate effective, fluid designs and transpose those requirements into a working theme.
- Building advanced and unique theming for custom look and feel, supporting accessibility and responsive design.
- Managing complex integration utilizing 3rd party APIs, views, and other methods
- Contributing to UX decisions and design.
- You will serve as a technical advisor involved in training, stakeholder consultation, and documentation.
- We will support you to develop the ability to lead or guide other team members through training, mentoring, and influence.
- We will encourage you to research and evaluate new and emerging technologies.
- As we are a globally distributed team, we ask you to enthusiastically collaborate with other developers across time zones.
- There are several team meetings with our US (West Coast) colleagues during the week, and we ask candidates to work flexibly to accommodate these meetings.
Some of the things we are looking for:
- 3+ years of professional Web Development experience.
- Fluent in PHP and a strong understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Knowledge of WordPress development; capable of developing plugins and extensions in PHP from “scratch”.
- Experience with MySQL databases.
- Experience with integrating third-party APIs with WordPress.
- Familiar with Command-Line Interfaces and Git.
- An understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Experience or willingness to code as part of a collaborative team of developers.
Some things that would be nice to have:
- Experience with WordPress webhooks.
- Data visualization experience using Charts.js, Highcharts, or similar toolset.
- Experience with REST API and 3rd party APIs, OAuth, Ecommerce plugins.
- Familiar with SEO best practices (semantic markup, alt tags, meta tags, etc.)
- Experience working across time zones.
- Experience with Marketo, MailChimp, HubSpot or other email marketing platform.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Tag Manager, and Optimize.
- Experience using CSS preprocessors like SASS/LESS.
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodology.
What we can offer you:
- A competitive base salary.
- An equally competitive equity package.
- Bi-annual 10% bonus.
- Pension matched up to 8%.
- ‘Day one’ access to private Healthcare, Dental and Optical insurance scheme for you and your whole family.
- 25 days of annual leave (plus 10 stat).
- 12 weeks full-pay parental leave for mums and dads.
- Flexibility and working from home policy.
- A new, modern office space in the heart of Belfast City Centre.
- Free lunch, snacks and drinks in the office (when we open the office space again).
- Top of the range equipment and lots of Signifyd swag.
- Monthly Signifyd social events organised by our social committee.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.
Please follow the link and submit your CV to apply!