What is Slice?
Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, life’s special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship and tradition found behind local pizzerias’ counters. We’re here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools and services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
We are looking for a Data Engineer with solid experience of the marketing industry and digital advertising platforms. You will be responsible for expanding and improving our data pipelines, in order to optimise data flow and collection for our Marketing team. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimising data systems and building them from the ground up to support digital marketing efforts. We believe in tested automation of pipelines. The members of our team should not only be agile in producing the data pipelines, but able to test those pipelines to ensure a robust and stable platform, without data leakage and with understanding of the ultimate expected outcome and how it may affect sales targets and revenue. You will report to the Director of Data Engineering.
What you'll do:
- Create and maintain an optimal data pipeline architecture that will drive our Digital Marketing strategy.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements related to Digital Marketing.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with Product Engineering to create, manage, and enforce digital analytics tagging standards to ensure robust and consistent data is captured for analysis.
- Ensure data is properly defined, received, transformed, optimised and made accessible for analysts, data scientists and marketeers to perform their work.
- Define and manage a testing automation plan for digital analytics.
- Ensure privacy regulations are adhered to.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members which assist them in building and optimising our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- 4 years of experience in engineering (with at least 2 in a Data Engineering role).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in digital marketing analytics space.
- Experience with Facebook Ads, Adsense, Adwords, etc.
- Proficiency with tag management systems and web analytics platforms
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Strong programming skills in Java, Scala or Python using Spark or similar technologies.
- Experience building and optimising ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience of building processes to support data transformation and data structures.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with AWS (what we use) or other cloud based platforms, with a desire to learn AWS.
- Experience with (one or more) Hadoop, Spark, Kafka would be particularly beneficial.
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, and flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product and business, no matter the department. You’re the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of engineers who combine creativity, curious minds and a commitment to excellence with the desire and commitment to grow and build on the engineering skill base and community here in Northern Ireland, therefore we do not hire remote engineers. Missing a few of the criteria but have worked in a pizza shop, or feel you can solve some of our interesting problems? Why not get in touch!
- Industry Leading Salary
- Share Options
- Strong Pension contribution
- Health and Dental Care
- Income and Death insurance
- £750 a year to use for any self learning/education
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity and Paternity Schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible working
- Generous time off allowance and policies
- Free Friday Pizza and Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance and training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work and projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style and perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, and we aim to recruit like-minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.