Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, life’s special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship and tradition found behind local pizzerias’ counters. We’re here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools and services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
Slice is seeking a Data Engineering Manager to help lead our growing Data Engineering team.
As a Data Engineering Manager, you'll have a big impact across the company with input into the roadmap and data engineering strategy. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for managing a group of highly talented data engineers and the Slice data platform, however if desired there will also be opportunities for hands-on data engineering.
What you'll do:
- Manage a distributed team of engineers, overseeing efficient team processes to deliver roadmap features.
- Collaborate with other team members, internal product managers, and external customers & partners.
- Coach and develop software engineers by setting performance expectations, performance reviews, promotions, career planning.
- Hold the team accountable for code, code review, test, and documentation quality.
- Define processes to develop the Slice data platform and the Data Engineering team in order to achieve operational excellence in all areas, including project management and system reliability.
- Mentor and develop a premier team of engineers, instilling and fostering an inspirational culture and acting as an ambassador both internally and externally.
- Bring experience across many different technologies, including multiple software stacks, databases, and operational tools. Uses this experience to apply the right tool to the right job.
- Flourish working in a rapidly changing environment and delighting customers.
- Great teammate, committed to learning, developing the team, and themselves.
What we're looking for:
- Masters / Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of industry experience
- 3+ years of experience leading or managing engineering teams leveraging lean/agile methodologies.
- Experience in a large scale, high-volume data warehouse environment.
- Expertise with database development skills including SQL.
- Experience leading engineering teams with 8+ engineers.
- Strong leader capable of running a team and coordinating across other business and technology teams.
- Consistent track record of attracting, developing, and cultivating talent within his or her team, with a passion for diverse teams.
- Embraces and has experience with Agile product development methodology.
- Strong written and presentation skills.
- Fluent verbal and written English skills
- Excellent interpersonal and intrapersonal skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Positive approach to work, and treat others well.
- Ability and experience in mentoring others
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organisational skills
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts and opinions of their peers.
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with engineers and non-engineering stakeholders alike
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, and flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product and business, no matter the department. You’re the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of best-in-class team who combine creativity, curious minds and a commitment to excellence with the desire and commitment to grow and build on the Product Development skill base and community here in NI.
- Market Leading Salary
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental and Eye Care
- Income and Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to £2500
- £750 per annum self-learning budget
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity and Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours and WFH
- Generous time off allowance and policies
- Free Friday Pizza and Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance and training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work and projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style and perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, and we aim to recruit like-minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.