Slice is seeking a Director of Engineering to lead the engineering team in New York and Belfast. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you’ll work with a cross-functional product development team to learn, grow, build and iterate to deliver great experiences for our partners and consumers. You’ll be a hands-on engineering team lead with strong technical acumen, positive communication skills and a motivation to help our partners succeed. This position is an exciting opportunity for candidates with an entrepreneurial mindset who want the challenge of leading a team and developing the technical strategy, details and code of innovative products.
We are looking for someone who:
- Leads by example by creating elegant and maintainable code with few defects.
- Holds peers accountable for code, code review, test, and documentation quality.
- Is product and customer focused, and can easily communicate with all areas of the business.
- Can drive teams in complex environments, with the ability to bring both technical and leadership expertise to bear on difficult problems.
- Can recruit, mentor and develop a premier team of engineers, instilling and fostering an inspirational culture.
- Brings experience across many different technologies, including multiple software stacks, databases, and operational tools. Uses this experience to apply the right tool to the right job.
- Flourishes working in a rapidly changing environment and delighting customers.
- Great teammate, committed to learning, developing the team, and themselves.
- Sets the highest standards and promotes working hard as a team to reach them.
- Has a track record of taking initiative across multiple areas or teams.
- Masters / Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience developing large-scale, customer-facing websites and mobile applications.
- 5+ years of experience leading or managing engineering teams leveraging lean/agile methodologies.
- Experience leading engineering teams with 20+ engineers
- Strong leader capable of running a team and coordinating across other business and technology teams.
- Consistent track record of attracting, developing, and cultivating talent within his or her team, with a passion for diverse teams.
- Embraces and has experience with Agile product development methodology.
- Exceptional technologist: goes beyond people and process management to enable key technological choices across the team and beyond. Willing to get into the weeds to drive clarity and resolution.
- Proven technology leadership. Strong written and presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal and intrapersonal skills. Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, and flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product and business, no matter the department. You’re the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of best-in-class team who combine creativity, curious minds and a commitment to excellence with the desire and commitment to grow and build on the Product Development skill base and community here in NI.
- Market Leading Salary
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental and Eye Care
- Income and Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to £2500
- £750 per annum self-learning budget
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity and Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours and WFH
- Generous time off allowance and policies
- Free Friday Pizza and Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance and training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
How to apply?
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work and projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style and perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, and we aim to recruit like-minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.