SportPursuit is a high growth ecommerce business which has been on AWS since the company started in 2011. Our flash sales business model means that we need to support sudden peaks in traffic smoothly scaling while optimising for cost, to enable us to deliver great discounts to our customers. As well as our own site we host an ecommerce platform for other brands which need just as much care and attention as the flagship brand.
In this role we're keen to make sure that 'DevOps' is not just a new name for the SysOps team but really helps to join up the Development and Operations processes, so a candidate with a good understanding of working with software teams would be preferred.
We're also at the beginnings of a Data Operations journey, currently using Redshift, Data Pipelines and other in house tools. We're looking to streamline this to make it easier for the analytical teams in Business Intelligence and CRM to enable their insights to better serve our customers. If you have experience in this we'd love to learn from it, if not you can help us define where the platform goes next.
- You are great at communication and an ability to explain complex technical architectures to those less fluent
- Have good understanding of AWS
- Experience of scripting languages
- Familiarity with Ansible, Terraform or similar configuration/infrastructure as code tools
- You’re excited about problem solving and supporting teams to improve their delivery using cloud technology and modern tools
- Have experience working with SRE problems or interested in moving into that field
- You are looking for a role that gives you space and autonomy to solve complex problems, while offering support if/when needed.
- You love automation!
- Work with technologies like ELK, MySQL, Postgresql, Redshift, PHP, Python, Docker, AWS Lambda, AWS, Redis, Varnish
- Work with development and product teams to successfully deliver projects
- Providing tools, and solutions that enable software engineers to deploy and rollback quickly.
- Work with software engineers towards a CI/CD deployment process.
- Operate and scale the website and back-end business systems infrastructure in line with customer and business needs.
- Anticipate tomorrow's problems by understanding what users are trying to accomplish today, and staying ahead of them.
- Overseeing configuration management of all servers in local, staging and production environments and ensuring that they are kept in sync and consistent.
- Implement automated fail-over mechanisms, remove single points of failure and improve overall redundancy of the entire in the production website environment.
- Monitor and maintain system performance by analyzing and fine tuning/troubleshooting the system.
- Responsible for training the development and product teams on infrastructure development.
- Shared out-of-hours emergency on-call support on a rota basis
- ScrumMaster to DevSecOps team
What we offer:
- Workplace pension - we're set up with The Peoples Pension to make sure we're contributing to help you save for retirement
- Holiday - 23 days of holiday a year, and we encourage you to take it. Not enough? You can buy up to 7 days additional leave each year.
- Food & Drink - Hobnobs, tea and coffee, plus all the toast and peanut butter you can eat
- Socials - A social budget which grows every time we hit budget, with a social team that just loves using it!
- Culture - if you love being active, you'll love our office, with (digital) cycling, running clubs and our annual sports day.
- Employee Discount & the occasional freebie – You will end up with a lot of kit!
Keeping safe and healthy in workplace is important at any time, but even more so in times like these. Therefore due to Covid-19 all staff members are now working remotely until further notice. Our hiring process is no exception - to protect you, our hiring team and others around, we will be arranging remote interviews with the successful candidates.
SportPursuit is the UK’s leading private shopping community for sports men and women. We negotiate amazing offers on the best sports products and services from the world’s leading sports brands and offer them to our members in week long ‘flash’ sales. Our deals are only available to our members behind our sign in wall; this gives our brands the confidence to deliver exclusive offers to our members whilst protecting their brands and their full price retailers from continual discounting.