We are a global software company with development offices in Belfast. In Belfast we build out new applications that run on a platform operating at volumes many times higher than stock exchanges. We compete against the world’s biggest tech companies to support Ad Funded businesses. Our customers include many household names in the media and gaming industry.
SpotX is seeking a highly talented JS Front-End Engineer who can contribute brilliantly to our team located in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Every day, our engineers transform online video advertising and solve difficult problems by employing creativity, innovation, and solid technical expertise. We are a fast-paced but casual environment with highly talented peers. The most successful team members are versatile, disciplined, enjoy focusing on new challenges.
We don’t believe in “culture fit”. We believe in you being a genuine human being and pleasant to work with. Sure, we might share a beer at work or after work but you don’t have to. You just need to be a contributing member of our team who is thoughtful and wants to do quality work.
Making an immediate impact:
- Integrate our new publishers
- Coding within the browser, writing clean, concise, fast working code
- Collaborate with publishers and developers to deliver digital video advertising on multiple device platforms
- Participate in sprint planning, estimations, and demos
- Work in small scrum teams to create and implement various ad units and publisher integrations
- Work closely with Product Managers and engineering leadership
- Help redefine how we all engage with and consume video advertising
- Solving complex issues both independently and working closely together as a team
Needed SpotX’er talents:
- REST, JSON
- Passion for free food
- Comfortable at a shell prompt such as Unix/Linux experience
- Developing personal projects or contributing to open source projects
- Familiarity with unit testing, continuous integration, TDD, etc.
Bonus SpotX’er talents:
- Previous programming experience in PHP, Java, .NET, Python, etc.
- Previous Mobile Development experience
- VPAID 1 or 2
- VAST 2 or 3
- Strong Foosball offense
- Publisher ad unit integrations
- Web-scale environments
- Agile development
- DFP or other ad server experience
- Angular 2+
- Experience with VirtualBox and/or Docker
- Company paid social events and treats (e.g. boat trips, bowling, pub quiz, etc)
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Active Social Committee
- Stocked snack cupboard & beer fridge!
- Free Friday breakfasts
- Weekly Scone and Fruit delivery
- Great work-life balance and flexibility
- Great holidays, (25 days plus 10 bank holidays PLUS exceptional extras over Christmas!)
- Company pension plan and healthcare
- Learn in a fun, casual, team environment
- Amazing office location with panoramic views
- Free concert viewing from our office overseeing Custom House Square!
- Games room - ping pong, pool, games consoles
SpotX Core Values:
Customer Service, Integrity, Respect, Initiative, Collaboration, Innovation and Adaptability
SpotX is an equal opportunities employer
Learn more at and follow @SpotX on and .
To apply please click on the Link above to take you to our careers site and the job
If you'd like to know more information feel free to reach out to me by either
Mob: 07951 600001