We are a global software company with development offices in Belfast. In Belfast we build out new applications that run on a platform operating at volumes many times higher than stock exchanges. We compete against the world’s biggest tech companies to support Ad Funded businesses. Our customers include many household names in the media and gaming industry.
How you'll make an immediate impact:
- As a member of the Belfast data team you will have the opportunity to work on bleeding edge applications from the ground up
- With massive, on premise, Hadoop and Druid clusters our team develop applications that process, aggregate and store data points on over 20 billion records per day
- Employing a lamda style architecture i.e real-time streams of data supplemented by scheduled batch tasks, our team are responsible for developing and maintaining key data feeds across the company
- As a Sr Software Engineer you will have the opportunity to guide others, take ownership of key components and provide feedback on future technical direction
- You will work alongside our team of experienced Developers, Software QA Engineers and Automation/Deployment Engineers. Make use of our principal engineers knowledge to learn new approaches to problem solving that will help you build elegant solutions to complex technical challenges
What your day-to-day will look like:
Most of us will start our day with coffee and snacks from the kitchen before catching up with your team at stand-up where you will discuss plans for the day. After stand-up, you’ll start working on your projects, you may want to put the headphones on and get stuck in or work through a problem with another team colleague. We work hard to keep an open, collaborative atmosphere where no questions, suggestions or ideas are off limits. If you think a darkened room, whiteboard or game of pool or table tennis will help solve your technical challenge that’s cool with us. Our team employs a range of technologies so you could gain exposure to some or all of the following: Scala, Python, SQL, Cassandra, Druid, Hadoop and Kafka and more.
What we're looking for:
- Awesome development and design skills
- Substantial experience working with large scale, distributed, database technologies.
- Experience in OO and/or Functional programming languages
- For this role experience of Scala or Java would be awesome!
- A desire and ability to continue learning
- 4+ years experience delivering successfully in an agile environment
- Experience with: Linux/Unix, Git, SQL
- Passionate and curious about new technologies
- Understanding of software methodologies
- Desirable Criteria:
- Developing personal projects, or contributing to open source projects - pet projects in github/bitbucket are cool to see
- Experience with Druid, Hadoop (particularly Spark) Ecosystem
- Previous experience of mentoring others
- Hands on experience with Python
When you join our team, we offer:
- Company paid social events and treats (e.g. boat trips, bowling, pub quiz, etc)
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Active Social Committee
- Stocked snack cupboard & beer fridge!
- Free Friday breakfasts
- Weekly Scone and Fruit delivery
- Great work-life balance and flexibility
- Great holidays, (25 days plus 10 bank holidays PLUS exceptional extras over Christmas!)
- Company pension plan and healthcare
- Learn in a fun, casual, team environment
- Amazing office location with panoramic views
- Free concert viewing from our office overseeing Custom House Square!
- Games room - ping pong, pool, games consoles
SpotX Core Values:
- Customer Service, Integrity, Respect, Initiative, Collaboration, Innovation and Adaptability
SpotX is an equal opportunities employer
Learn more at www.spotx.tv and follow @SpotX on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Please apply through the link above which will take you to our job on our careers page
If you would like more information please feel free to contact me at
Mob: 07951 600001