About the Role
Pragmatic and delivery focused in use of data, analytics and ML to deliver predictive and interesting outcomes for StormHarvester customers as part of our product.
Working as part of an initial start-up team, designing, developing, implementing, testing, maintaining, supporting and delivering product features and functionality.
This will involve working with customer data, understanding and appreciating this, carrying out analysis, and integrating or developing new techniques for implementation and delivery as part of the StormHarvester product offering. This includes feature engineering, applying varying models, testing, and validation, and best practices for use for customers.
- Working with a team and in delivery to test and validate any features, fixes or updates.
- Contribute to delivery process and development environments, including research and identifying areas of interest for further investigation.
- Estimation and costing of features.
- Build required product and custom features while seeking to maximise reuse and productisation of features.
- Implementation, test and delivery of designs/fixes as part of a continuous delivery mechanism through to live deployments.
- Addressing bugs/changes, problem solving and support issues as part of wider team.
- Preparing and presenting potential delivery options including estimating, costing and prioritising.
- Customer training on Front-End and StormHarvester product as needed.
- Engaging with customers in identifying data and in explaining model benefits.
- As part of team, look to planning for future developments including contributions to team structures, roles and requirements with an awareness of all existing and future customers in mind.
- At least Second Class Honours Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electrical and Electronic Engineering or other related discipline.
- 3 – 5 years of experience and familiarity with development and delivery including and involving data analytics, machine learning models and AI principles and application in implementation and practical delivery.
- Experienced in Python development and tooling including Pandas, Scikit-learn or equivalent.
- Prior experience in Machine learning/AI.
- Experience of Product Development and delivery.
- Strong Presentation and Communication skills.
- Willingness to engage and work with others as part of team with shared direction.
- Strong work ethic with an understanding that this is a Start-up with lots of opportunities to make improvements.
- Passionate about work, output and quality.
- Ability to review and provide feedback as needed to rest of team on areas for improvements and updates.
- Can do, problem solving mindset.
- Curious and willing to onward develop and learn in ML/AI area.
- Familiarity and experience with agile development in delivery
- Experience in Automation/Testing frameworks
- Experience of Continuous Integration/Development and Tooling
- Experience of API integration/development
- Experience of test/deployment automation
- Experience of AWS services
Upload CV at the URL provided or email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 14th August 2020.