From award-winning employer branding to our innovative cloud-based suite of technology solutions, Symphony Talent is all about connecting companies with the talent they need to achieve their business goals. We’re defining the future and creating one-of-a-kind solutions for sourcing, nurturing, engaging, and retaining the best-fit talent.
Looking to do never done before? Let’s do it together!
As a Senior Software Engineer – Java Developer at Symphony Talent, you will work alongside the product engineering team. Reporting to the Tech Manager / Architect, you will play a key role in product design, architecture, implementation, quality, and product releases.
Your key tasks:
- Develop and assist the product development/design for a product line(s).
- Assist in driving product development lifecycle processes and communication plans.
- Own key product quality, performance metrics, benchmarking and reporting
- Help drive all major and minor product releases for the product line(s).
- Drive the product development plan and delivery against timelines.
- Assist the product development tracks in Belfast.
Your key skills and experience:
- Hands-on experience with various Core Java technologies and frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, MVC frameworks, Java EE stack, JMS, JMX, SOAP, REST (JAX-RS), Good to have – ESB – Apache Fuse)
- Relational Databases – MYSQL
- CI/CD tools – Maven, Jenkins, Sonarqube
- No SQL Data stores: Cassandra, MongoDB,Spark ML
- Good to have – Frontend UI: AngularJs, Flask, Node.js
- Good to have – Elastic search / ELK stack
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant fields.
- 3+ years of experience in a role of a developer in technology and product development teams.
- Experience of working in a global distributed development model.
- Track record of delivering high performance products.
- Experience of developing products and solutions in a SAAS model and cloud-based technologies
- Prod / Dev Company background
- B2C / B2B prod experience
- Domain – digital – E-commerce, marketing, social, mobile, java
- Hands on tech IC – may manage or lead other developers at a later point.
Your mission-critical competencies:
- Believes in team work as well as individual contribution
- Should be eager to learn new things on demand
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivation to learn new things quickly
- Comprehensive insurance coverage and benefits plan
- Competitive salary
- Open and inclusive work culture
- Opportunities to work across projects
This position is based in our Belfast office. If this sounds like the next step in your career, we’d love to hear from you.