As a Senior Software Engineer – Java Developer at Symphony Talent, you will work alongside the product engineering team. Reporting to the Tech Manager / Architect, you will play a key role in product design, architecture, implementation, quality, and product releases.
Your key tasks:
- Develop and assist the product development/design for a product line(s).
- Assist in driving product development lifecycle processes and communication plans.
- Own key product quality, performance metrics, benchmarking and reporting
- Help drive all major and minor product releases for the product line(s).
- Drive the product development plan and delivery against timelines.
- Assist the product development tracks in Belfast.
Your key skills and experience:
- Hands-on experience with various Core Java technologies and frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, MVC frameworks, Java EE stack, JMS, JMX, SOAP, REST (JAX-RS), Good to have – ESB – Apache Fuse)
- Relational Databases – MYSQL
- CI/CD tools – Maven, Jenkins, Sonarqube
- No SQL Data stores: Cassandra, MongoDB,Spark ML
- Good to have – Frontend UI: AngularJs, Flask, Node.js
- Good to have – Elastic search / ELK stack
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant fields.
- 3+ years of experience in a role of a developer in technology and product development teams.
- Experience of working in a global distributed development model.
- Track record of delivering high performance products.
- Experience of developing products and solutions in a SAAS model and cloud-based technologies
- Prod / Dev Company background
- B2C / B2B prod experience
- Domain – digital – E-commerce, marketing, social, mobile, java
- Hands on tech IC – may manage or lead other developers at a later point.
Your mission-critical competencies:
- Believes in team work as well as individual contribution
- Should be eager to learn new things on demand
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivation to learn new things quickly
- 25 days holiday, increasing by one additional day for each completed year.
- Competitive compensation
- Great benefits package, including Pension and Private Healthcare
- Learning & growth programs
- Open, collaborative culture
As with most businesses, we’ve adapted during the pandemic to keep our team safe. Today we’re working remotely but who knows what tomorrow will bring! Most likely we’ll see a blended approach where there will be a mix of home and office working – the buzz of being together and being based in the Cathedral Quarter makes this a perfect combination!