Who are Vertical Structure?
Founded in 2006, Vertical Structure is an independent cyber security consultancy with a ‘human-first’ approach. We specialise in providing human-focused security and penetration testing services for web applications, cloud infrastructure and mobile applications.
We conduct technical security training, and we help companies to achieve certification to international standards including ISO27001, Cyber Essentials and CAIQ. We are proud to be an Amazon Web Services® Select Consulting Partner.
Check us out at: www.verticalstructure.com
- Belfast-based cyber security consultancy specialising in protecting SMEs from cyber threats
- Organic growth of over 50% over the past two years, projected to increase over the next three to five years
- We work with interesting clients in industries including finance, technology, retail, hospitality, legal, accounting
- We've expanded our work to beyond Northern Ireland; many of our clients are outside these shores.
- We are a dynamic and energetic team, with a diverse range of ages. Our experts have an unrivalled expertise in technical skills, training and consulting
- We’re proud that our business has grown mostly by word-of-mouth and referrals. Our clients consider us their Trusted Advisors, not just nameless and faceless suppliers. Our personal service is unrivalled in the cyber security industry
What does the role entail?
- Working with our existing team and clients to help investigate, audit and achieve realistic compliance to standards including ISO27001:2013, Cyber Essentials and other standards as applicable
- This is a client-facing role - the right candidate will work with our existing team and clients to provide assurance around experience and certifications as required
- A positive attitude towards customer service is necessary
- Working with the team and clients to ensure expectations are met with regards to delivery of projects
- Building and improving Vertical Structure's suite of certifications, competencies and certifications
- The job is centered in Belfast with travel to EU/UK locations as required
- Flexible working available
The right person will bring:
- An understanding of cyber security standards and compliance, including but not limited to:
- Cyber essentials
- A working and effective understanding of realistic security expectations for organisations. Ideally you would have a level of understanding from a technical level, for example:
- A developer with experience of implementing security systems and writing secure applications. You may even have written some insecure applications and learnt how not to do things.
- Awareness of secure implementations of cloud infrastructure, including certification to the major cloud providers such as AWS, where applicable
- Realistic implementation of policies and controls to the current procedures
- This will include helping with the implementation of standards, providing guidance on existing and required documentation and processes, working with external auditors and clients to help with the client's certification journey
- Working with the team and with clients to help manage how we deliver projects and help ensure that the vital human focused side of our work is present in every part of the process
Why would I want to work with Vertical Structure?
- Competitive salary and bonus package
- Working with interesting clients
- Working with a small group of dedicated people wanting to solve interesting problems and use their skills to help clients become and stay secure
- Ongoing training and certification
- Access to all the latest technical tools required for the role
Please send us a CV and give us an idea about why you'd be a great fit for our team. We are more interested in passion, curiosity, a willingness to learn and desire to do a great job every time than exam grades.